It was a beautiful celebration of our Prophets life. They talked about his example, his legacy, his humor, his dedication, his love for all, his determination, and his dreams, to name a few things. It was our first time to sit in the Conference Center that this beloved President had created, and what a perfect time to marvel in its true magnificence! I am filled with the stories that were shared, and filled with the pure love that he had to offer. I am now, more than ever, convinced of the eternal life that lies in store for all of us and the job that is ours to do.
My heart broke when they showed the seat in between President Monson and Elder Eyring that he used to sit. It has never looked so empty, and you could see the longing in President Monsons look toward that empty seat. But he himself reminded us of seeing him again in the next life. There was an amazing reverence in that building that I have never experienced before, and one that I hope to never forget. As they wheeled his casket out, Enrique and I joined hundreds who started to wave their tissues at his exit. And a thought came to me.... Isnt it amazing that one man can be so loved? One man has touched so many, and these people that I see are only a minority!
Here is the program...



I love you all. I wish you all could have been there with me at this wonderous event. I hope you all are happy and well, and know without a doubt that we are eternal.I also wanted to share with you a poem that I wrote right after the funeral as I was still in my seat. I had so much running through me, and it came very quickly. I hope you enjoy it.
My heart is full
Of joy and love:
My Prophet has returned
To the Lord above.
He was a beacon of light
For all,
And shared his wisdom
In spring and fall.
Words cannot express
The sorrow that's here,
But through all of this...
I have no fear.
In his death brings
The reassurance of life;
That this life is worth it:
All pain...all strife.
There is something more
For all who accept
That this life isnt "it",
Not the end...no, not yet.
My mind is filled
With so many things:
Like faith and endurance,
Love, and new beginnings.
Please know now,
If you have not figured out...
That this is my testimony!
I have no doubt!

2 comments:
How awesome that you got to be there! I watched the funeral service from our Stake Center. I'm so glad you posted the program for us to see. You poem was so sweet. You are such an amazing person. I've always looked up to you! Thank you for this post!
I bet the funeral was amazing! What a once in a lifetime opportunity. He certainly is an amazing man who will be deeply missed.
Post a Comment