Gramma J died November 9th. The funeral was held on a Thrusday, and I really wanted Enrique to go (and he really wanted to go as well), but the kids had school, and I was teaching that day, not to mention the many appts we had for me and the kids... it wasnt going to work out. With other concerns plaguing the trip, we decided to see if Enrique could travel up to her funeral with his brother and his family. To our benefit, this worked out wonderfully and Enrique was able to go, and still make it back to work the next day because he only gets 1 day off for funeral leave. They drove for 12-14 hours, and after he got home, he was beat! Unfortunately I dont have any pictures of Gramma J just ready to be used, and more than likely they are packed in my boxes of pictures, so I wont be putting any on here... but she will be missed! She was such a sweet lady, and so open and welcoming to me when I first met her, and I felt just like I was part of the family. :) She talked with me, and was always willing to serve those around her. She had a special love for her family, and it showed. Gramma, you will be missed!!!
Enrique was glad that he got to go, as his Gramma R was there, and they got to dink around a bit. (Thanks to my sister in law and brother in law for these pictures!)
Gramma R then passed away on Dec 5th. She was a fun loving person, full of spunk, and a spontanaity for life that you couldnt help but have rub off on you when she was around. lol

She also had a laugh that I just loved, and her and I had secret identities... she was my "twin"! ;) There was never a question as to who was the evil one... LOL

Gramma R, you too will be missed!

No comments:
Post a Comment