
There has been an outbreak of the swine flu (or something like it) in your city, and you are ordered into quarantine in your home. (YESTERDAY’S LIMITATIONS DON’T APPLY, THESE ARE ALL NEW)
For this day, and ALL days of the challenge: no spending money, no going to stores, and no restaurants. Today is more of a “THINKING” day then “DOING” day
You can’t leave your house at all (if you have a prior commitment we understand, we both have something Thursday evening we committed to months ago!)
Some of your family members have been infected and have fevers/ stomach flus and need proper medication
You need to provide comfort foods to infected family members to make them feel better
You have used up ALL the toilet paper and paper towels in your bathroom and kitchen, you can only use what you have stored extra (wherever that may be)
The family members that have not been infected will stay healthy so long as they follow proper recommendations, meaning proper hand washing and sanitizing, and even wear face masks
ADVANCED “FOLKS” (for anyone who feels up to it)
This is the 7th day or your quarantine, so ALL your fridge food is gone
You actually REALLY have to stay home – NO CHEATING!
REMEMBER, TOMORROW’S LIMITATIONS AND TASKS WILL BE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. How long would you have lasted under these conditions, would you be able to stay in your house for an extended amount of time?
Facebook notes:
GREAT! I love this one, I have everything I need BUT the masks... we will make our own with handkerchiefs. ;) I will let you know how the day went at the end of it! ;)
This Day turned out to not be so bad either! Since we could not go shopping this whole week, I decided to be domestic as I once was and make bread. I was supposed to go earlier this week, but was not able to because of being sick, and then it started on Wed, the day I was supposed to go! AGH! AND, without my power working, I couldnt make bread!!! SO, I got to today. I am also planning on making some tortillas tonight to tide us over as well, and we broke open our powdered eggs, so we are good. Kids had Spaghettios for lunch, and I had a yogurt drink. Then we had pancakes for dinner, and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for dessert. The day went smoothly, and we had everything that we needed except for a few things! With all the stomach flu here, I had to wash 3 sets of sheets, and that was a pain, But, I sat here and enjoyed the day with my baby (the other two had to brave it and go to school). We liked today, and are anticipating tomorrow...
These are things that you need to make sure you have extra on hand:
Masks (you want N95 in different sizes, and a normal mask), plastic gloves (different sizes), cleaning and disinfecting liquid and spray and wipes, pain meds and everyday meds, popsicles, paper plates, and plastic utensils, sanitizer, antibacterial soaps, toilet paper, paper towels, toiletries, juices, pedialyte, Gatorade, canned chicken noodle soup (homemade that is canned is probably better, but does anyone know if that is possible??), jello (not red, because you might be asked if there is blood in the stools, and you wont be able to tell if you had the red dye in your system... and you may not want any color really, because if they are throwing up, then it might stain whatever it is), laundry detergent, dryer sheets, heating pads, vicks vapo-rub, working thermometers, diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, batteries.
As a side note:
Check out this website, BirdFluManual.com, and print out the "Good Home Treatment of Influenza"
Constantly check expiration dates on all meds.
Check out this link about powdered and instant milk
If you run out of tissue paper, you can cut up old Tshirts and wash cloths and use them.
The medical profession uses two types of masks in general. A regluar mask is good for keeping out bacteria & pollen. The other is called N-95 which is used by staff entering a respirtory isolation room such as patients with TB virus. It is good when properly applied, fitted & kept dry. It must make a good seal. If you can smell smoke through it you do not have it on right or it is the wrong size for you. You should have two types stored. The general surgical style, as well as the N-95. The first you should have on the person who is coughing or feverish, especially when they are outside their 'quarrantine' area, and the second (N-95 because they protect you from 95% of the bugs, if properly fitted and worn) when you are giving care to the person, especially if body fluids are involved. The caregiver needs to stay well.

No comments:
Post a Comment