Today is Fio's Birthday! YAY! We invited some friends over who hosted her sister (who was only on the 3 week program, and Fio is here until May) and we celebrated by making Calzones! She loves these!
The masterpieces!
Here is the pizza/calzone master.
Good Friends!
Eating them is the easy part! ;)
And, she wanted brownies, not a cake... she was worried we were
going to make her take a bite out of the side, and she really didn't want
to do that... we are not sure why! haha
She loves anything chocolate, so this fit the bill!
Make a wish!
So, I have learned two things... never judge someone by what you see in the picture... after all of the prep for the Calzones, we made quite a mess! But it was WELL worth it all to have Fio smile! Happy Birthday!
2/5/10
Enrique threw a Birthday party for me (I am telling you... we have another coming up too! We had almost 3 weeks of nonstop partying!) and it was so much fun! We played one of our favorite games called Werewolves. SUPER game!! Here is some of the clan that showed up!
It is ALWAYS fun to have these people around, and playing games is what I love to do!
And now time for the cake!
Notice the hand behind me in this picture...
Let me just say I am staying away from my brother in law who
"helped" Enrique with taking the bite out of his cake...
I tell him that I promise to take a big bite as long as
he promises me to not touch my head! haha
And then, the bite! Can we say HUGE!
And the results? A nice messy face! haha
I had a great night and was so grateful for my friends who came for the party! So much fun! Thank you!
2/6/10
We got to meet Papa G and Gramma K for lunch with my brother, his wife, and my adorable nieces and nephew to celebrate my birthday! It was a lot of fun!
We got to meet Papa G and Gramma K for lunch with my brother, his wife, and my adorable nieces and nephew to celebrate my birthday! It was a lot of fun!
I love my daddy!
Sister loves time with Gramma!
Cman and Enrique
Chantal and Missy
My Sis-in-law, and one of the nieces, the other it
still a little tiny baby! ;)
My Bro and my nephew... (dark, photo... sorry)
It is always fun to get together with family, no matter the reason. :)
2/7/10
Ok, so here is the real deal! And, another birthday party!!! We sure know how to celebrate around here! haha
Making another wish...
And I will tell you, even though I got all of the candles on both of the birthday cakes out... my wish still hasn't
come true... but we will see. =D
2/13/10
We had a Valentines Dance for our ward, and I was asked to be the picture taker. Here are the ones of Enrique and I.
It was SUCH a fun night! We even did Karaoke! WHAT a BLAST! Hopefully the same thing will happen next year! :) Hope you all had a Happy Valentine's Day!
2/15/10
When Chantal got on our blog before she came to us, she saw Missy taking a bite out of her cake on the side. She was SO excited for HER chance to do that. She asked if it was an American tradition, and I let her down gently by letting her know it was a tradition with our family. It was so fun to hear that she was excited to do the same thing! And here we find ourselves celebrating the 4th Birthday in 3 weeks! hehehe
We had a Valentines Dance for our ward, and I was asked to be the picture taker. Here are the ones of Enrique and I.
Kiss my WHAAA??? haha
Having fun with friends.
It was SUCH a fun night! We even did Karaoke! WHAT a BLAST! Hopefully the same thing will happen next year! :) Hope you all had a Happy Valentine's Day!
2/15/10
When Chantal got on our blog before she came to us, she saw Missy taking a bite out of her cake on the side. She was SO excited for HER chance to do that. She asked if it was an American tradition, and I let her down gently by letting her know it was a tradition with our family. It was so fun to hear that she was excited to do the same thing! And here we find ourselves celebrating the 4th Birthday in 3 weeks! hehehe
The anticipation of it all!
Blowing out her candles with a wish... and she never told me, but I
am sure I know what it was! haha
And taking the bite!
Hahaha
She is such a good sport.
Now, these pictures are really NOT in order... we had already
opened the gifts, but I thought I would put the cake on first
since that is usually what comes first. ;)
Chantal had another love... a particular game...
The Great Dalmuti! (Lovingly known as The Great Dambooti here! ;)
And Sister got her a little something...
It was a little big for her to take home (ok, it was more heavy
than being big), so she left it with us, but there is always the picture!
Unfortunately, this was the last time we saw Chantal before she left. Before this celebration she had already moved out with her boyfriend, and we were hoping to see her again, but the day we had planned to get together, she had gotten sick, and the poor girl was sick even till the day she left (more than a week). But, we will hopefully see her again before the end of this year. She is planning another trip out here. :) We will miss you Chantal! Happy Birthday!!
2/17/10
Here is just a random pic taken at the bowling alley... not sure why! hahaha
And, then here are some more pictures from the musical practice.. :) It has been SO much fun!
Here is just a random pic taken at the bowling alley... not sure why! hahaha
And, then here are some more pictures from the musical practice.. :) It has been SO much fun!
We are practicing the gymnasium scene.
And here is one of my good friends!
Also, another fun boy! He told me Cman reminded him of himself
when he was a little boy. Looks like they have a lot in common. ;)
More practicing...
And, here is me and my friend.
I have a feeling I am going to be sad when this is all over!
2/18/10
Poor Missy was sick over Valentine's Day. So, she got to show off her heart the next week... I think it turned out pretty well... and she had very little help from me! :)
She is a talented little girl... and I am not being biased in the least! hehe
2/20/10
We went to go visit Papa G and Gramma K and to see my Sis-in-Law in a production she was in. It was fun! She is so talented, and we love taking every opportunity we can get to go and see her in her musicals! We were able to take Fio with us, and Gramma N. It was a blast!
And we saw Papa G and Gramma K there (they were with some of Papa's co-workers).
The kids love seeing Auntie K when she performs! :) I do too! ;)
Luff ya Karn!
She did a fabulous job, as usual, and we were so happy to be there! :)
Later that night Missy took hold to a toy, and wouldn't let it go. She even slept with it, and kept it hidden! hahaha
Obviously she either wanted to keep it warm, or is just extremely possessive! I am hoping it is the former! ;)
2/26/10
Sister bought her first thing off of eBay... a poppy dog toy. hahaha We had to document this occasion, per her request!
Hope your February was a good one! :)

























1 comment:
Can I just say, WOW. The memories are bitter-sweet.
Post a Comment