I have been actually planning this for a year now, and it is something I have done about every five years since I was 19.......do you know? No? Ok, next hint.....
This involves a charity and my donation can help about 2 people. Did that help? NO? Ok, one more hint.....
I now am about 5 lbs lighter because of it (ok, maybe not actually, but it sure feels like it!!!).
If you dont know yet what this is that I am talking about, I guess I will let you in. I finally got my hair cut today and donated it to Locks of Love! I cut off about 10 inches, and and now sporting a fresh new 'do. I feel fabulous, and am looking forward to not having to blow it dry for 45 minutes *AT LEAST* when I wash it. Which is what contributed to most of the reason why I usually pulled it back in a pony tail. It was just too much work for me because it is so dang thick, but I am sure the people who will be using this wig will be grateful with how much is there......and to think it used to be thicker!!! I love being able to do this, and will continue to do it about every 5 years. I cant think of a better thing to do with my hair than to bless a little girl or mother dealing with the loss of hair, usually from cancer treatments, with new hair.
Without further ado, here are the before pics, and after pics!

I decided to darken the underneath this time around, and then we added some red streaks and some blonde streaks to it. I guess you could say I got daring, but I love it!!
And here I am.......ready for the Holidays with my cute hair!


3 comments:
That is so awesome! Your new do looks adorable!!!!!!!! It is very flattering on you! Good work.
Yay for you! Holy cow, I LOVE your new do! So, so, so cute! I have always been so envious of your shiny, thick, beautiful hair (which that 1st picture does justice to). How awesome of you. I was afraid I'd miss all my hair when I donated to LOL, but I didn't. It felt so good to have it all cut off. You look beautiful!
Wow! I love your haircut! You look great. What a nice change for the new year, and for an awesome cause.
I found your blog on recipezaar. I wanted to contact you about a specific recipe: #40434 Chili con Casa Dip
Did you mean to call it Chili de la Casa (House Chili), or maybe Chili con Queso (Chili with Cheese)? Your current title translates to Chili with House. I was just curious.
Anyway, I love your collection of recipes, and can't wait to try a bunch of them. Thanks so much, and hope I haven't disturbed you!
Happy new year!
Post a Comment