We want to keep this blog public, and take steps to keeping our family as safe as possible from internet dangers. Please do not use our real names on here, or on any public blog.
Thanks! The Blue Ribbons

Monday, December 10, 2007

Tree Time and Programs and Santa, OH MY!

It has been a pretty eventful couple of weeks! I am sorry I am so behind, but life has been beyond crazy over here at our home. Between me rushing the kids to places, taking out time with the family to go do something fun, starting to take pictures of people for my portfolio, and planning and carrying out what I needed to for our Ward Christmas party, I am ready for a relaxing couple of weeks. :)
Well, lets start with our visit to the Festival of Trees. We enjoy going to this every year, and this year was no exception. We also went with some friends of ours this year, and also got to watch some of our nieces performing. We saw a few really cool trees, one being a Darth Vader tree (which Cman went NUTS over).A High School Musical Tree that sister went crazy over.And a few more that I liked, but only one I will show!Plus a picture that I am going to add to my collection someday! *sigh* The name of it? What Child Isn't Mine? I just LOVE it!!!
Then last Tuesday sister had her Christmas Program at the school. She was completely adorable. They sang Up on the Housetop, and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. She wore a cute little Rudolph hat with a sparkly red nose. She did really well, and I was proud of her! The sad thing was, she couldnt perform on the "real program day" because she is in morning Kindergarten and the afternoon was big enough that they had to split it, and she performed on the dress rehearsal day.
Cman then had his on Thursday. The school PTA and staff really planned this wacky....the WHOLE school was performing in one, yes 1, program. So they tried, unsuccessfully to stuff all the parents and grandparents into the cafeteria. It was a mess. We got there 30 minutes early, and we were more than halfway back and didnt get a good recording of Cman because of it. It was horrid! He sang When Santa Claus Gets Your Letter, and Jingle, Jingle, Jingle. We didnt even get a decent picture of him, but here is one from the dress rehearsal. There was also a finale that all the kids came back in and sang Silent Night, and I admit I got teary eyed. That is my favorite Christmas song.
We also got a pretty good snow storm. It also brought some power outages for us. One night it was out for almost 9 hours, and the temperature in the home got to a balmy 55 degrees. Enrique and I had some friends come over and we talked with them by the light of our fireplace and then played some games and read a little too. It was actually quite a bit of fun!

Then this last Saturday night we had our Ward Christmas party. We had a play, and Cman was Caesar Augustus, and then we had a special visitor come. I was a little saddened that it was someone my kids know REALLY well, thus leading to questions about Santa......makes me pretty sad that now my kids have questions, and Cma now knows about Santa......SOOO SAD!!! But we still got some good pictures! :)

That is, until we get to Missy. She was not to fond of the idea os Santa.....as a matter of fact, when she first saw him, this was her reaction....Then the struggle began! LOL


You would HARDLY believe that after about 20 minutes, THIS is how happy she was! LOL What a little stink! Hope you all are doing great!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hey! Looks like you guys are busy having fun at your house! I've never been to the Festival of Trees, but it looks like it was great...I guess we'll have to try it out next year!

I'm still wondering what kind of reaction Sylvie will have to Santa Claus this year. She loved him last year, but I have a feeling he's going to wack her out this year!

princessyaya52 said...

Looks like your having a great holiday and enjoying as much as you can. We need to get together some time soon too....if you can fit us in! :o) hee hee!

Laura

Celeste Dodge said...

Hi, I don't know you, but I saw your blog. I saw that picture that you had on here called "What Child isn't mine". Do you remember who it's by? You can email me at rcdodge@msn.com. Thanks!

Food Storage Made Easy


Food Storage Made Easy

Swidget 1.0 5