We had a very full day today, but the funnest *and most draining* part of the day started at 4:30p and I think Cman had a lot of fun! Here is the whole crew, minus a few...

We started with stations, per his request. We had musical chairs, a water bucket relay, and a ring toss. We went through it once, but then the kids really wanted to do the water balloons rather than going through the stations again and then doing the water balloons... I guess it was too much of a wait for them. ROFL
We then went and opened gifts up on the deck. Caden loved ALL the gifts, but i think my favorite part was after he opened his cousins present, and I asked him, "What do you say?" He then said thank you to his girl cousin, and I had to help him with his boy cousins name, but then he got flustered with his Aunties name! ROFL When he was little his Uncle taught him to call her Jo, but now we call her by her first name, and I think he doesnt know what to call her. It was funny to see him so flustered, and even funnier because we saw them last week and he had called her by her first name in the car on the way over, and I think he even talked to her there calling her by her first name. HAHAHA... but, maybe it was the overload of the presents... who knows! LOL Here are a couple pics of the gift opening...


We then had his favorite meal, bean burritos and chips and salsa. We had planned to have homemade pizza, but our AC was off and we didnt want a 100* home, so we chose to heat the beans out on the grill's gas stove top and then let that be that. I could have gone and bought some pizza, but we had over 20 people there, and I didnt want to have to pay 30 for pizza. Oh well. He was still happy!
We then had ice cream and cake, with a tradition that we picked up from someone else 2 or 3 years ago when they had a party and we were there to help celebrate. The kids get to take a bite out of the corner of the cake, and that piece is theirs. They love it!


Then was on to the pinata, which is always one of the funnest parts. The kids had a blast, and all in all, the party was successful, although I was beat afterward. LOL

Happy Birthday Cman! I love you with all my heart and am so glad that you are my son.

4 comments:
Sounds like the party was a hit! I think the best part of parties (when you're the host) is when it's over!! :) Glad you survived and sounds like Cman had the time of his life!!
Happy birthday, Cman! We love you!
Cute! I love kid parties. It seems no party is complete without a pinata. I like the cake tradition, and love that his favorite meal is bean burritos, chips and salsa--Great minds think alike!
Happy Birthday CMan! It was sure a fun party and we were happy we could be a part of it!
Post a Comment