We want to keep this blog public, and take steps to keeping our family as safe as possible from internet dangers. Please do not use our real names on here, or on any public blog.
Thanks! The Blue Ribbons

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Trip to Papa and Gramma's House

We love being able to go and see Papa and Gramma. It doesnt happen as much as it used to, sad to say. I decided to venture the trip this time by myself with the 3 yaywhos since Enrique had to work, and we still have the Foreign Exchange Students at our house. It ended up being a lot of fun!

When we got there we went to see my brother and sister-in-law's *new* home. It was so nice, and I was extremely jealous seeing her cold pantry in person. It is SO big! LOL But, it is such a cute home and I am sure they will love it!

The next day Gramma wanted to take the kids to go on a ride in the golf cart. They had a blast!

Here they are waving goodbye to me as they started their ride.

And here they are coming back!


That night we went to go see a production of High School Musical. It was fun, and Sister is totally in love with Troy. While we were watching the production, Troy was singing a song and Sister asked her Auntie, "Karin, did Troy just look at me???" She tried not to giggle and answered, "Yes, he did!" She then turned to me and said, "Mom, I think Troy just looked at me!" I was laughing so hard!


The next day we went to go see Great Papa in the Veteran's Home. I wasnt going to get in the picture, but I am now glad i did. I havent had a picture of me with my grandpa for a very long time, and now I have one!

As you can see in the picture, we were heading also to go swimming! When we got there, there was a boy there that Sister swore was Troy from the Musical the night before. Gramma and I knew it wasnt, but somehow Gramma put the boy up to saying hello to Sister. Once he did it Sister was gushing and showing off and swimming by the poor kid the whole time. She then said, "Mom! I knew that was Troy! How did he know I was going to be at the pool today???" She continued to follow him around the pool while he tried to avoid her. It was hilarious! As far as she knows, it was Troy. ;) Here is a picture of her just watching him. lol

Missy had fun too! There was a little boy there that was so adorable and he kept teasing Missy, and unfortunately I think she liked it! LOL I am going to have my hands full with these 2 girls!

Cman was a little fish! He was loving the water.


The next day we went to Great Gramma's and played in their back room for a while. Then we headed back to the swimming pool for one last swim! Guess who was there again? Troy! LOL I then had to say, "Now, don't follow Troy around again today because then everyone will know who he is. He's trying to keep a low profile, and you might blow his cover!" She was very good and obeyed me. LOL

We then went back to Papa and Gramma's and packed everything up and drove home. We had so much fun, and hope to be able to do it again soon!

7 comments:

Daisie said...

Looks like Grandma's been lucky to be able to see all the kids and grandkids this summer--even without the reunion happening! And sounds like Sister and Missy are gettin' their crushes on! You've got your work cut out for you!! Thanks for posting the picture of Grandpa--good to see that he's doing well!

kdance said...

Okay, seriously, we must have posted on our blogs and the exact same moment! It was so fun to have you guys come up and visit! Sister Sue is so cute. I love that story.

Erin said...

Oh how fun! I too sometimes venture off with the kids by myself. It's daring! I'm glad you guys had such fun! I bet Gramma really appreciated it!

Heather said...

Oh man, I just love your grandpa! I actually think of him often and wonder how he is. Thanks for posting that picture! I think he gave me a pack of gum on my wedding day if I remember right! Him adn that gum :) Darn, I wish I coulda seen ya while you were here. Well, thank goodness for blogs, right? Great Pics!

Anonymous said...

It was a fun four days. Great to have all the pictures and memories. Love Mom

Heather said...

So, is your grandpa living in the veteran's home? What about your grandma, where is she? How are they?

Unknown said...

man, i thought i had commented on yours too. i wish we could have seen you while you were up. great photos. golf carts with grandma will be great memories. you have sweet grandparents. my charlie memories of your grandpa always include gum too. fyi- your cousin kelly is married to my cousin kevin, your cousin jennifer haskett lives at the end of my street, and my hairdresser cassie is married to your cousin dave.

Food Storage Made Easy


Food Storage Made Easy

Swidget 1.0 5