We want to keep this blog public, and take steps to keeping our family as safe as possible from internet dangers. Please do not use our real names on here, or on any public blog.
Thanks! The Blue Ribbons

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Kids are Back to School

It is that time of year that I always love! BACK TO SCHOOL! (I am always reminded of Grease 2 whenever I think of those three words.)



Now it is just me and Missy at home, and I dont know what to do to keep us busy. Today we walked to the store, went and worked in our garden that we share with my neighbor, went out to lunch because a dear friend invited me, and then she ended up treating me too (I was so spoiled), and by the time we got home it was time to go get the kids from school. If everyday were like this, I would be one happy camper! The house just seems so quiet without them here, but it is a welcomed silence. Most of the time when they are home I get the constant, "MOOOOOM! I am bored! What can I do? Who can I play with?" And if I dont have things going on, then they are at each others throats. It is kinda nice to have just Missy and me... and I think she will be the only one I mourn when she goes off to school!

6 comments:

Daisie said...

Wow, it's hard to believe your kids are back in school already! Mine still have another month to go, which means another month of me rolling my eyes as they wail, "I'm boooooored! There's nothing to doooooo!" Enjoy your alone time with Missy!

Unknown said...

Amen! I can't believe it is that time again. I am dreading it! We have had so much fun this summer, but it will be nice to not hear "I'm bored" as much. I do get really sappy when I leave them at school though. I usally stay at the school for a few hours and walk back and forth down the hall several times peeking in at them.

kdance said...

That "Soarin' Flyin'" song was on when I got onto your blog, and I suddenly had a flashback of cute little Missy Moo singing along at the musical! She's so sweet.

Congrats on getting a little peace and quite! The kids look so cute in their back to school gear.

BrownEyedGirl said...

Melody starts Kindergarten tomorrow! I am soooo sad she is growing up! Enjoy Missy while you have her... The boys started 5th and 3rd grades the other day. Our kids are getting to be SO grown up!! I MISS YOU SO MUCH....

the.lamb.castle@gmail.com said...

Mooooom!!

Hope you are having a great time enjoying school days!
Such cute pictures.
h

Erin said...

Wow! I thought we started school early! Oh, I forgot they are in year around huh? Madz started school a few weeks ago and she's loving it. I hope your babes are loving it too! Enjoy the peace and quite! I'm sure Missy is loving all the mommy attention!

Food Storage Made Easy


Food Storage Made Easy

Swidget 1.0 5