No, this isnt because I am ticked at anyone. I had a funny story that I wanted to share.
This last week, the kids had their picture day. They were so excited, and I decided to surprise them. When they woke, I went in and picked out their clothes because I wanted to ensure that they looked ok. Based on some clothes they pick out, you have to wonder what they would come up with! LOL So after they got finished getting ready, I asked them if they would like to have me drop them off at school instead of riding the bus. They were so excited when I said that, and both agreed it was something that they wanted. I then proceeded to tell them that in that case, I thought I would take them out to breakfast as a special treat. By now, they were jumping up and down for joy.
We got in the car and headed off to our destination. We ordered and sat down. The kids were enjoying our outting, but then started to listen to some old men having a conversation. At first I just started laughing at them saying things about it and re-telling me what they had heard. But, then Sister started getting into being really nosy, and I started to get embarrassed by it. One of the men got up and went to go get his coffee. As he walked back over, Sister asked me, "Mom, did he just get coffee?" I just leaned over and whispered to her, "Sister, mind your own business." She then said in a very loud voice, "WHAT?" And I repeated, "Mind your own business." She looked at me puzzled and said, "That is what he has in his cup?" I started laughing so hard. I then told her again that I just wanted her to mind her own business, and not worry about those men, what they were eating, and what they were saying. She started laughing herself, and I think she got the idea.
But, ever since then, I thought how funny... she thought he was having a cup of mind your own business! ROFL

4 comments:
That is so adorable! What a cutie! It sounds like you guys had a good day!
That is so funny!! My oldest two are the same way..."MOMMY, he's drinking COFFE!!!" or "MOMMY, that lady has a TATTOO!!" or "This store sells ALCOHOL????" it cracks me up, and I start to hope they don't offend anyone, then I realize that I'm proud of them for knowing what they should or should not do with their bodies, and think how sad that this world has gotten to a point that we have to feel like we're being offensive by having standards. Wow---I just got really deep on a light hearted post, sorry.....anyway, I love the story, it is really cute!!! Love ya~~~
So funny! Cigarettes are the big no no around here- even if they see one on the sidewalk! Good point Heather.
HA, HA, HA, HA!!! That is the CUTEST story! Holy cow, every time I tell someone to mind their own business, from now on, I'm going to say, "Go get yourself a big cup of mind your own business!"
Post a Comment