We want to keep this blog public, and take steps to keeping our family as safe as possible from internet dangers. Please do not use our real names on here, or on any public blog.
Thanks! The Blue Ribbons

Monday, September 1, 2008

Papa C



We are sad to come on here and yet again talk of another death this year. It has been a very eventful year for us, and we are sad to say goodbye (for now) to our papa C. He was a wonderful man, and had many people who loved him.

Papa was a joker. He loved to make people laugh, and I remember when I was younger calling to talk to Gramma. He would answer the phone, and after I would ask him if Gramma was there, he would say....
"Gramma?"
"Yes, gramma!"
"Oh... you mean that little old lady who sews?"

I loved that everyone knew him as the "Gum Man". He always had packs of gum ready to give to anyone. He was a sweet man who did many wonderful and admirable things, but most of all was my Papa who I will miss so much!!! I carry so many memories of him dear, and cant wait to give him a hug and kiss again. I love you Papa... and the kids love you too and will miss you terribly!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

He will be missed. What great memories of him. Our hearts are with you and your family. I will see you Wed at the funeral.

Jen said...

Oh this brought tears to my eyes! I also knew him as the gum man! He was the sweetest man ever!!! I'm sending my love your way!!

Daisie said...

What a sweet post. Grandpa will be greatly missed! I love how he never said "goodbye" when it was time for us to leave, but just "we'll see ya". How appropriate--it's never a goodbye. Can't wait till "we see ya" again, Grandpa!

Heather said...

Such a wonderful man! Love him dearly!

kdance said...

Yes--what an amazing man he was! I realized that even more at the funeral yesterday. You were lucky kids to have such a great grandpa. I loved seeing you yesterday!!! Can't wait for the next visit!

Cook Family said...

I'm sorry for your family's loss. It's always a hard thing to deal with, no matter what age the person is when dying.

the.lamb.castle@gmail.com said...

Grandpa C will be missed. He was such a sweet man. So kind to so many people. He touched many lives.

Food Storage Made Easy


Food Storage Made Easy

Swidget 1.0 5