Jumping back... Last year we did the same thing, and went hiking on a trail that was very difficult for me. When I reached the top after feeling like I had just walked at least 1.5 miles straight up, I was petrified to see the last bit of the trail because you had to climb down rocks to get to the place we were going. I have a bad ankle, and bad knees, at the time I had pain in my legs from the FM, and being overweight didnt help at all either... I had been walking at that time last year about 2 miles a day, and we would go up into the mountains to go hiking throughout the summer, so I didnt think it would be that difficult. To make a long story short, I swallowed my pride and turned around and walked back down the trail to the car, passing many people on the way, many asking questions as to why I was heading back. I was humiliated, but I couldnt do anything about it, so I gave up.
On to this year... I am happy to report that this year I made it up!!!!!!!!! I was still a little worried about my ankle and my knees, but it is amazing what one year can do for you and your confidence. I have been walking 4-8 miles a day (mostly closer to the 8), and have lost 50 lbs!! I hit that point last week. I also have been free of pain for almost a year (really I have had it off and on, but mostly it has been off... maybe only a few weeks in this year has the pain been there, rather than 24/7), and it is incredible the difference that not having pain has made in my life. Without the pain it enabled me to walk, which enabled me to lose weight, which enabled me to finish out the hike! YAY ME! Ok, so, now after bragging... I will get back to this post. ;)
It was a great hike! I was so sad that Cman and Sister decided to stay behind at the campsite, but here are a few pictures of the beautiful place and surroundings, and people who went! :)
This was as high as I was going... but, Enrique and Missy kept on going!


Fabio enjoyed it up there too!

On the log is a cute little chipmunk... he kept playing peek-a-boo with me.

Isnt it gorgeous?!

Can you tell how happy I was to be there?

Enrique and Missy on their way down the rocks. Enrique is in the maroon shirt.

I cant wait to go next year! :)

1 comment:
What a beautiful place to go for a hike. Proud of you girl - you're doing and looking great.
Post a Comment