
It’s time to change those unhealthy eating habits! You have been diagnosed with all sorts of health problems.
For this day, and ALL days of the challenge: no spending money, no going to stores, and no restaurants.
You can’t use any pre-packaged or convenience foods
Your breakfast has to be low sugar
Your lunch has to be low fat (if you’re at work already, think about what you could have brought or made)
Your dinner has to be from scratch using whole grains and/or legumes
You have to have 3-5 servings of fruits and vegetables today
ADVANCED “FOLKS” (for anyone who feels up to it)
You have to figure out how many calories, grams of sugar, grams of fat, and grams of fiber are in what you are making
Your whole family has to adapt to this healthy living for the day (you can’t just make yourself a healthy sandwich and give the kids hot dogs)
REMEMBER, TOMORROW’S LIMITATIONS AND TASKS WILL BE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. How long would you have lasted under these conditions?
Make sure you have:
Recipes printed out for all health types. (I have recipe books for diabetics, nut allergies, high cholesterol, high blood sugar, hypoglycemia... just make sure that you have something for everyone. Especially if you have family members who need a certain diet.) The reason I say printed out, is not necessarily for this Challenge, but for all the other times that you may have no power. Have recipes on hand that incorporate veggies and fruits (any way you can, even if you have to puree it).
Incorporated veggies and fruits into your diets. These are essential!
Also, it is ok to be naughty, but just dont do it every day! ;)
Facebook Notes:
I am liking this one, however we had a very odd morning. My kids ended up having cold cereal for breakfast, but they were low sugar cereals (I dont buy much sugary cereal). I had a yoghurt.
Then for lunch I had a lunch date with family for a birthday party, but even though we went to a restaurant, I ate a salad, fruit, and a vegetarian soup. I tried to be as close to it as possible. I wanted to still stick to it.
Not sure about dinner... we will find out a little later. It might be soup of some sort. And we will add in homemade bread for a side.
I have health problems, so we are really careful with what we eat. We dont eat out much, and I really try to keep healthy things around the home. I will let you know what happens! ;)
We ended up having Chili for dinner, with 100% whole wheat bread, and tangerines for dessert after FHE.
We ended up talking about things that we have learned, and some new routes and safe places in case of different disasters. We agreed on who to call, and talked about how we can be better in the future.
Today was not a good day for the challenge, but that is because I had so many things going on and not much of a chance to really do the challenge 100% today. It made me sad, actually. But, as I mentioned before, I tried to stick as close to it as possible, and the kids had already eaten breakfast before I saw the challenge... oh well! ;) I am putting some wheat into the crockpot tonight in order to have it tomorrow morning for breakfast to make up. If we cant use it for the challenge, then I will save it... it is always nice to have wheat to add into soups and such. ;) And, you can freeze it once you have cooked it, so... We will see, I guess!

No comments:
Post a Comment