5/3/11
Things with Jenn are getting more intense. There are so many great things that are happening, but at the same time there are still so many things that are not looking great. I took dinner up to them again, and I was able to take a picture of the flowers I had for her to wake to. They definitely are going to need to be replaced so Jenn can have some fresh ones that will open for her. I had high hopes that these would be the ones, but they aren't. That is ok... Darren says it is filling the room with a nice scent, and it is nice to see them in the room. They are talking about being able to take her off of the oxygen if her levels get up, and they are progressing, and that is good. She has responded a bit here and there, and there have been some good nights at the hospital that make the nurses happy. I will keep praying.
5/8/11
Happy Mother's Day!!!
My day has been fabulous!
My day has been fabulous!
Enrique got me these beautiful roses.
And, yes I am tired. ;)
This morning the kids made me pancakes... the one on the left is me. ;)
Today there is some news about Jenn. Her vitals stayed stable, her oxygen went down to 40, and she's been handling food! This afternoon her 3 kids were FINALLY able to see her, and the nurse pulled Darren aside telling him when the kids left Jenn had tears!! What a PERFECT way to end Mothers Day!!
5/9/11
Jenn's BREATHING on her OWN all the way!! Her brain pressure is between 2-4, so the pressure monitor is coming out soon. Lots of good progress! Still, there's a long way to be fully out of the woods, but SO good! They're also putting in a trach to help with the breathing, hopefully the tubes will be out of her mouth tomorrow!! She started a chemo treatment today, and will have it for 5 weeks.
5/16/11
It is amazing when you lose something totally irreplaceable. Jenn passed away this morning. I have been honored to know her. They decided last night to take her off of life support, which was an incredibly hard decision. But, they knew it was time, and Jenn communicated that it was time. I feel so blessed to have known Jenn, and for having had her in my life. She will be missed. I love her!
5/18/11
I got myself some of Jenn's favorite flowers to have and watch for the next little while. It was a much needed thing for me, although it probably sounds ridiculous.
We decided to take the kids for a fun night out. We went bowling and for pizza. I think all of us needed it.
5/21/11
Today was Jenn's funeral. It was so beautiful, and it was amazing for us to be able to celebrate her life and the life she led. I will always be grateful to have been apart of her life.
5/26/11
Missy's last day and graduation from Pre-school. I cannot believe she will be in kindergarten next year!!! How did time go by so quickly?
Missy with her teacher, Miss Carol.
We will miss Miss Carol. She has taught all three of the kids, and is such a wonderful person.
These flowers are gorgeous! :)
.jpg)

















No comments:
Post a Comment