4/1/11
My new growth. I am getting excited! :)
Also, our host child Terrence is leaving. He was with us a short amount of time, but we had fun with him here. We hope he does well wherever the road takes him.
4/2/11
Can you tell how excited I am about this? They are looking great!
4/3/11
We woke up to snow!!! April Fools we must be!
4/4/11
More growth. I love the AeroGarden!!!
4/5/11
On his way to the MTC, Mr Mish stopped by to say hello! :)
And, here's more of the crew.
See you in 2, Elder!
4/9/11
WOW! The growth is amazing!
Cannot wait to get this in the garden!
4/12/11
Isn't it great! WOOT!
4/13/11
Caden did this with school. and I made him do it for me at home. I think he is a great little dancer. :)
4/15/11
While visiting family, we had a fun little Easter party with cousins and at Papa G and Gramma K's church house.
Already diving into the goods! haha
And, a little gift from Missy... such a sweetie!
4/16/11
Gramma N was giving a book review and I was excited to go. It was about a book that she really loved, and to be there for her was great too!
The girls and their Great-Gramma.
4/24/11
Easter at the house! YAY!
We hope you had a great Easter full of lots of fun!
4/27/11
We have a new host daughter... Ji-hye. We are out getting our free scoop of ice cream at Baskin Robbins. YUM
4/28/11
What an eventful last week. Jenn went into the hospital after having a stroke. I am feeling really overwhelmed by this, but I have a lot of hope. She is in a Coma right now, with some brain swelling, and they are waiting to do anything until the swelling goes down. She isn't responding a ton but we are all praying for her to pull through. I couldn't believe when I got the call from Darren, and I hope he knows how I am here for him if he needs it. I went up to the hospital and brought the flowers for her to see when she comes out of her Coma. When I got there, I went to the waiting room where her family was. For the first little while no one was in there, but after a while her dad and step mom came in. We talked for a bit, and then they told me that they were waiting for me to go back and see her. I was a little taken off guard because when I had talked to Darren, he had told me that I wouldn't be allowed to go back because they only wanted family to go back. I was totally ok with that. When they told me I could go back, I told them that I couldn't because Darren had told me that I wouldn't go back, and they insisted telling me that I was like family and that I was going back to see her. I was so nervous, not sure what to expect when I went back there and once I got back there, Darren welcomed me in. Jenn was hooked up to all sorts of monitors and oxygen. I was totally ok. Darren reassured me to talk to her. So, I did. I told her hello, and that I came to see her. I let her know I was praying for her, and the kids were too. I told her again that I loved her, and she started mouthing things to me. It looked like she was mouthing that she loved me, and hello, and I swear she was trying to say more. Darren started tearing up, and when I talked to him later he told me that had been the most responsive she had been. I was so grateful for this interaction. She is one of the best people I know, and I am grateful to have her in my life. Keeping her in my prayers. Love you Jenn!
4/30/11
I am surprised at the snow we are getting! Crazy!
As an update on Jenn, many things have happened. I took some food up to the family a couple times to eat as I was sure they were getting sick of having to get cafeteria food. They were all so very grateful. One of the times I got up there I was able to be there when they took her into surgery. Things went well and she is responding by opening and shutting her eyes. There are so many things that have happened and we are all still waiting for some really good news.




























No comments:
Post a Comment