We want to keep this blog public, and take steps to keeping our family as safe as possible from internet dangers. Please do not use our real names on here, or on any public blog.
Thanks! The Blue Ribbons

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Merry Christmas!

On Christmas Eve we drove to Papa G and Gramma K's house. This year was a little different for us, as we usually go out caroling, but this is not going to happen anymore. I loved the pictures I got from us on the bales of Hay as we sang. It was so much fun, and now just a memory of Christmas's past. We also had our first Christmas without Papa C here to celebrate with us. I miss him terribly and every once in a while have emotion sweep over me and just cry. Anyway, so the celebration started at Gramma N's house, and we had dinner, and then did our annual Nativity re-enactment. :) The girls were angels, and Cman was Joseph. As we act out this, we have songs that we sing in between verses of scripture. This is something that warms me up so much. I love music, it is an integral part of me, and it helps to put me in whatever mood I need to be in. I love it!!


Then Cman and Sister sang Silent Night and did the sign language for it too! It is amazing to see how big these two really are!


Then my aunt, to me and my sister-in-law's surprise, said we were singing a song. lol My mom had told her we would. So, we all got up to do it. Mickelle, Karin's sister, even came up to join us. Right to left is Mickelle, Jacque (Phil's wife), me, and Karin (Dave's wife).


Then it was time for Santa to visit! Missy got called first, and I have to tell you, she was so funny. She got on his lap, and we asked her to say cheese, and she looked at us with the most upset look, and with the corner of her lips down as far as she could get them, said cheese in the lowest tone I have ever heard her speak.

But, once the present was handed over, she was great! hahaha


Then it was Sis's turn to get up. I have one really cute picture, but someone was almost completely in the way. So, then I got the one I am posting, but it was blurry... I was so sad!


Next was Cman, and I love his big old smile! hehe


Then it was time for Dave, Phil, and Ryan get up and sing Great Balls of Fire! This is a tradition that Ryan does. He was Mr PHS many years ago, and this is what he performed as his talent... since then, it doesnt seem like the family can get together without them singing! lol The men joining in sometimes are different, but it is the same piano player and song! ;)


Then we sang the 12 Days of Christmas, with actions, and it was a blast! :)

Then back to Papa G and Gramma K's for the Christmas Eve festivities there.

PJS!

Of course Cman is making a face. lol



And now, it is time for sleep so Santa can come! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like you all had a blast!!! how fun to have sooooooooooooooo many family traditons... ;)

Unknown said...

How sweet!

Food Storage Made Easy


Food Storage Made Easy

Swidget 1.0 5