We want to keep this blog public, and take steps to keeping our family as safe as possible from internet dangers. Please do not use our real names on here, or on any public blog.
Thanks! The Blue Ribbons

Friday, July 13, 2012

September Begins, and Ends

9/11/10
Remembering 9/11/01
I love this field of flags.









There is something about an American flag.  I love it, and it brings a lot of pride.

                                      





9/17/10
We are a bit odd.  And to prove it, we do something called an emergency challenge week.  We pretend that we are in different natural disasters every day for a week and then play out the day with different limitations, and then we see how prepared we are for these disasters.  It has helped us a ton, but it is a teensy bit insane.  haha  This night we also were having Aiko over to celebrate her birthday!  :)


 I cannot remember the requirements of the day, but this soup turned out amazing!
 And from the looks of it, we had to use our food storage to get a meal.  ;)
And, because it was Aiko's birthday, we had to have cake.  
 It was well received!
 And Aiko enjoyed her birthday!  Success!
9/24/10
I have really started getting into canning.  It is so rewarding.  I grew quite a bit of Tomatillos this year, so
I decided to make some Salsa Verde.
 I also went and bought some peaches and made some Peach Salsa. 
They both turned out amazing!  I cannot wait to can more!
A very uneventful September, but we still had a lot of fun!  :)

No comments:

Food Storage Made Easy


Food Storage Made Easy

Swidget 1.0 5